Hare Krishna. On this site, you will find information about the Montreal branch of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) - also known as the Hare Krishna Movement - as well as upcoming events, classes and activities.
HEALTH SAFETY ANNOUNCEMENT:
- The temple is closed to the public until further notice to protect everyone and to respect government protocols during the coronavirus pandemic. Temple activities can be followed on our Facebook page by our isolated resident monks and mothers. www.facebook.com/iskconmontreal (Effective March 16, 2020)
- CANCELLATION OF EVENTS & SUNDAY PROGRAMS: http://eepurl.com/gWe0V5 (Effective as of March 14, 2020.)
- Notice to Visitors: http://eepurl.com/gV4UBH (Effective: March 12, 2020)
- Precautions: http://eepurl.com/gVsoPz (Effective: March 7, 2020)
ISKCON Montreal welcomes you to celebrate the Appearance Day of Lord Sri Nrsimhadeva on May 17, 2019, at our spacious temple hall. Here is the temple's schedule of activities for May 17, 2019:
18h00 - 19h00: TBA
19h00 - 19h30: Gaura Arati
19h30 - 20h15: Lecture
20h15 - 20h35: Drama
20h35: Prasadam Feast
Fasting is recommended until sunset.
Lord Sri Nrsimhadeva is the fiercest of Lord Krishna's expansions that protects all devotees.
Celebrate Rama Navami (the anniversary of Lord Ramachandra's (Rama) appearance day) at Iskcon Montreal on April 13, 2019. See photo for details.
Lord Rama is the perfect example of the perfect king, husband, son, friend, and master.
“Maharaja Yudhisthira was also as good as Ramachandra, and Maharaja Pariksit was as good. There were many such kings. But we are not concerned because He was a king. He is the King of all kings, Paramesvara. Because He is God, therefore we are observing today.” (Rama-navami Lecture by Srila Prabhupada – 27 March 1969, Hawaii.)
To learn more about Srila Prabhupada, ISKCON's founder-acarya, please click here.
Sunday Feast Online
Every Sunday starting at 4:30pm on Facebook LIVE
Experience the world of bhakti, devotion to Krishna.
- Kirtan: group mantra-meditation session with traditional instruments.
- Lecture on karma, yoga and meditation from the Bhagavad-gita As It Is.
- Incredible and vibrational arati ceremony.
To look up words, or names, you are unfamiliar with, click here to access a useful glossary.